Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

This is SAQA Europe/Middle East: The Romance Countries

Alex Veronelli (Italy)

I act as Product manager and Brand Jedi for Aurifil the Italian Quilt and Patchwork threads producer, and I had always been keen to support SAQA in its mission to promote the art quilt through education, exhibitions, professional development, documentation, and publications, and be the  world-wide resource for information on the art quilt and the artists who create them.

I always loved to support Nonprofit Organizations related to Quilt World, currently I serve in the Board of Directors of “The Alliance for American Quilts” http://www.allianceforamericanquilts.org and the Advisory Board of the International Quilt Study Center & Museum http://www.quiltstudy.org.
I am 100 % made in Italy , my family comes from the textile industry on both sides. My mother’s family produced fine Italian bed linens for several generations and my father was one of the founding members of Aurifil.
I started with Aurifil in 1990, spending the first two years working alongside employees in spinning, twisting, and dyeing sectors to learn and understand the processes.
My first approach to the market was with the kind of customer that related to Italian fashion, luxury brands, and their textile production, supporting their needs by developing threads and colors and acting as Product Manager.  


I have never really have been able to stay closed in a production building so I never neglected to develop thriving customer relationships, marketing strategies, and Aurifil brand promotion in the field.

Nowadays, with the business evolving, it has moved me away from production, where I am able just to spend few hours per week, and my main tasks are focused on the customer relationships and brand promotion.
Find out more about me by http://www.alexveronelli.com


2 comments:

  1. It is good to meet you here Alex. I am just catching up from the weekend.
    I really enjoyed hearing about your journey with textiles and the experience of learning with those working on the shop floor.
    I appreciated learning a little about a different kind of SAQA member.
    Thank you!
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet you Alex. I have tried many different threads but always come back to Aurifil.

    ReplyDelete