Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Meet our member Shoshi Rimer at the Prague Patchwork Meeting 2017




I have been exposed to quilting in 1995. My first works were based on traditional techniques. Later, once I studied a number of innovative techniques, I developed a more personal way of expressing myself. I used the acquired techniques as a foundation while letting my imagination run free as I design my works. For me quilting is a wonderful evolving art form, offering infinite creative possibilities and learning opportunities. The Inspiration for my quilts comes from a variety of sources. It can be nature, an expression, a color or a word
Most of my art works combine both commercial and hand-dyed cotton fabrics. Usually the main technique is based on fusing fabrics, free motion quilting and recently I add painting as an embellishment.
It's a great honor for me to take part in the 11th PPM (Prague Patchwork Meeting) event, where I will exhibit a collection of my pieces under the name "Local Impression". The event will take place from March 31 through April 2, 2017.

Shoshi Rimer

E-mail: shoshi@shoshir.co.il
Website: www.shoshir.co.il



No comments:

Post a Comment